Where can you get the best travel tips for Budapest?
Luckily there are several sources to use for planning your Budapest holiday and you don’t have to rely only on guidebooks to the Hungarian capital (Lonely Planet, Frommer’s, Fodor’s, Rough Guide, Only in Budapest, TimeOut Budapest, etc.)
Budapest Travel guides – online travel guides with updated travel tips
The advantage of web based travel guides to book guides is that they can be quickly updated and you will get more info about upcoming events in Budapest
BUDAPEST TRAVEL GUIDES
Some of the Budapest travel guides we have found useful are:
- VisitBudapest.travel – useful info, some downloadable pdf guides, nice photos
- Top Budapest Travel Guide – descriptions in detail, has a cool Budapest bath guide, and a fresh Budapest events guide
- Budapest.com – the official tourism site for Budapest, also has pdf guides, which you will get at Budapest airport at the tourist office in a booklet anyway
Budapest forum for Budapest travel trips
There are two lively communities, Budapest forums:
- TA Budapest: one chatty and helpful forum is on TripAdvisor
- VT Budapest: the other Budapest travel forum is on Virtual Tourist.
- LP Budapest: Lonely Planet also has a Budapest forum, which is useful but its layout currently is not so great.
Visitors with young kids: check out the Facebook group of Budapest moms, their community is strong, fresh, helpful for any parent coming to Budapest with babies, toddlers, small children.